SAFETY FIRST FOR THE 2018 CHEVROLET EQUINOX PREMIER
Offers customers active and preventive safety features
DUBAI — Crossover customers in the Middle East want a vehicle that can manage everything from comfort and connectivity to efficient performance and safety. The 2018 Chevrolet Equinox delivers on all counts — especially when it comes to protecting its passengers.
The Equinox Premier offers a suite of active safety technologies and intelligent crash-avoidance features that help provide peace of mind on the road for families.
Ahmed Soudodi, Head of Brand at Chevrolet Middle East said: “The Chevrolet Equinox Premier is designed to perfectly blend innovative active safety features with premium comfort. The advanced awareness and protection capabilities keep drivers alert to their surroundings and can even help avoid trouble altogether while driving through their daily lives.”
Available advanced active safety features to enhance driver awareness on the road include radar, sensor - and camera-based preventive safety technologies that can provide alerts or warnings about potential threats, allowing its driver to have full 360 awareness and act to avoid them, including:
- New Safety Alert Seat
- New Forward Collision Alert with Following Distance Indicator
- New Low-Speed Forward Automatic Braking
- New Lane Keep Assist with Lane Departure Warning
- New Rear Seat Reminder
- Lane Change Alert with Side Blind Zone Alert
- Rear Cross Traffic Alert
The Equinox Premier’s extensive safety features are rooted in the Equinox’s strong body structure and a range of available advanced driver safety assistance features.
When it comes to traditional passive safety features, there are four standard air bags across all Equinox trims, including frontal driver and passenger air bags; and front-seat-mounted side-impact air bags.
Additional safety features include:
- IntelliBeam headlamps offer automatic high-beam control.
- Front passenger seat occupant sensing system; rollover sensing and protection system
- Collapsible pedal assembly to help protect against lower-extremity injuries
- Three-point safety belts in all five seating positions, safety belt retractor pretensioners and lap pretensioners in the driver- and front-passenger positions, and front safety belt load limiters
- LATCH child seat latching system in the rear seat
- Tire pressure monitoring system and daytime running lamps
All of the Equinox’s crash-avoidance and passenger-protection technologies are built into a stronger body structure that incorporates high-strength steel in key areas to help prevent intrusion into the passenger compartment.
To keep your Equinox in top condition, take advantage of Chevrolet Complete Care, our aftersales package available for all Chevrolet owners. With premium offerings such as a maintenance appointment within 2 days along with guaranteed availability of parts across the Middle East or a one hour maintenance service when booked in advance, Chevrolet Complete Care is designed to make your life easier with a professional and transparent service.
The 2018 Chevrolet Equinox is on sale at Chevrolet Dealerships region wide and you can view the press pack here.